What is Noblesville Main Street: We are a nationally accredited non-profit in Noblesville that exists to lead and organize community resources to develop and promote the economic and cultural vitality of downtown Noblesville while preserving and enhancing authentic historic assets. A huge part of our job is to help create and enhance the community feel when visitors and residents enjoy downtown. Noblesville Main Street (NMS) is now in its 31st year of service to the heart of downtown Noblesville. Our focus continues to grow but is rooted in providing a positive experience by connecting our community around a wonderful, organic, and historic asset in the Hamilton County Courthouse and surrounding blocks of businesses and residences. Our programs, like the Noblesville Farmers Market, draw more than 4,000 residents and visitors to our downtown each weekend, and special events, like the annual Street Dance, have attendance numbers exceeding 18,000 people in the heart of downtown. Our events continue to play an important part in the downtown Noblesville experience. NMS also works in many ways that are less visible. We are divided into five committees (development, economic development, promotions, marketing, and finance), each with a specific focus. Within that focus, each committee sets detailed goals and works diligently to achieve those goals. These committees are comprised of dedicated board members and volunteers who have a passion for downtown Noblesville.
Scope of work: This is a very fast-paced organization where the Intern will experience the intricacies of a non-profit organization uniquely positioned between both private and public organizations. They will see how a non-profit is managed, understand how to promote an organization using social media and learn the importance & implementation of brand guidelines. Since winter is off-season for events for NMS, the intern will assist with preparing for the 2022 event season and promoting the organization and downtown Noblesville.
Candidates should expect duties in the following areas:
• Social media: creating content, managing Facebook and Instagram platforms, finding new marketing strategies
• Marketing: coordinating monthly newsletters, writing and designing press releases, managing and updating the NMS website all within the established brand guidelines
• Graphic Design: Creating marketing material for NMS
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
• In need of a professional internship to graduate • Be in the third or fourth year of related major
• Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
• Have experience in marketing, social media promotion and/or graphic design • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess appropriate technology to achieve assigned tasks
• Possess organization and multi-tasking skills
• Consider themselves to be self-sufficient, responsible, flexible and able to work diligently
Compensation & Duration: The internship must be performed for school credit. It will last from September through December and will provide the candidate with experience in non-profit management, graphic design, social media promotion and marketing.
Work Schedule: This internship is hybrid. The hours are 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday with the ability to work virtually and also be on-site prior to the start of business on occasion.
How to apply: Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio of previous marketing work to the Community Relations and Promotions Manager, Jenny Cline, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 6th at 4:00pm.