Want to Expand
your career-development potential,
your ability to help donors and patients,
and your access to professional opportunities?
We’re growing fast.
[You can, too!]
There are so many ways Octapharma Plasma can enhance your life and your career. Our strong growth is creating great learning and career development opportunities throughout our company, and especially our donation centers. Because you’re someone who loves to learn, enjoys people, and has a real heart to help, we encourage you to join us as a:
This is What You’ll Do:
- Prompt and accurate collection, storage and shipping of plasma bottles and samples
- Maintain compliance with SOP, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) and regulatory guidelines
- Ensures prompt and sterile collection of plasma samples using electric heat sealer and centrifuge.
- Ensures samples and bottles are properly organized in large storage freezer in allotted time frame as well as in the donor management computer software.
- Handles tested and untested product as well as plasma with unsuitable test results with properly utilized personal protective equipment.
- May prepare units and samples for regular daily and weekly shipments per company policies and strict federal transportation regulations.
- May perform all required quality controls and legibly records the results on the appropriate logs and into the donor management computer software.
- Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Reports quality issues and procedural deviations to Quality Assurance and Management.
- Greets and builds rapport with donors and directs them to appropriate areas for further processing.
- Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment, and company policies in a prompt, professional manner.
- Maintains donor flow while adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Remains professional at all times in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ensures all donation information is complete, accurate, and legible after donation.
- Follows all OSHA requirements and company personnel policies.
- Remains alert for any adverse donor reactions and notifies appropriate staff.
- Maintains confidentiality with all specific donor issues and record keeping activities.
- Stocks and maintains an orderly work area with sufficient supplies to meet production demands.
- Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
- Cleans any blood or plasma spills and performs proper procedure for disposition of biohazardous waste.
- Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately informs appropriate personnel if equipment is not functioning properly. Records variance if applicable.
- Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to appropriate SOPs.
- Performs other job related tasks as assigned.
This is Who You Are:
- Part brand ambassador, part clinical technician
- A person committed to excellent customer service all day, every day
- Someone with positive energy, always willing to pitch in where needed
- Understanding, patient, and genuinely authentic
- Able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Hungry to build a great career
RequirementsThis is What It Takes:
- High school diploma or GED
- Preferred Associates/Bachelors Degree
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts
- Ability to lift up to thirty-five pounds
- Ability to enter environment with temperature of -40C for short periods of time
Do Satisfying Work. Earn Real Rewards and Benefits.
We’re widely known and respected for our benefits and for leadership that is supportive and hands-on. Managers who truly want you to grow and excel.
- Formal training
- Outstanding plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Wellness program
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Personal time
More About Octapharma Plasma Inc.
With donation centers and team members throughout the U.S., Octapharma Plasma, Inc. collects plasma to create life-saving medicines for patients worldwide. We are growing at an impressive pace, and so is the positive impact of our work. Our community relies on teamwork, compassion, and expertise to get things done the right way, while making a meaningful difference in the lives we touch.
Interested? Learn more online and apply now at:
And if you know someone else who’d be a great fit at Octapharma Plasma, Inc., please forward this posting along!