We Are Hiring! Outback Therapeutic Expeditions is offering a life changing career in wilderness therapy! Our team is looking for dynamic field staff from all walks of life to inspire and guide our students. Our Field Staff team members are mentors that invite change in our 13 to 17 year old students. Helping them develop resilience, critical thinking, and healthy coping skills to lead healthy lives!
– Competitive pay starting is over $165 per day
– Opportunities for pay increase to $245 per day within the first 18 months!
– The schedule is an adventure filled 9.5 day shift camping with teens, followed by 11.5 days completely off!
– Professional development funds are available
– Medical, vision, dental benefits
– Advancement opportunities available
– Hiking, learning primitive skills and engaging in therapeutic learning daily
– Age 21 minimum
– Standard First Aid and CPR certified (not necessary to apply, but required for hire)
– WFR/WEMT (preferred but not required)
– High School Diploma or equivalent
– Previous work with adolescents (highly preferred)
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
-Teaching primitive skills and camping skills
-Monitoring student progress
-Daily updates with managers
-Supporting students in Primary Therapist assignments
-Teaching life skills and principles
-Mentoring youth in everyday camp life
For more information or to apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email your resume, any work or volunteer experiences and three work related references.
For more information about our great program, check out our website at www.OutbackTreatment.com
We hope to hear from you soon!