The Purchasing Manager will manage and perform all activities relating to the procurement of goods and services at Pacers Basketball LLC and its related entities in accordance with established policy and procedure. This role will partner with internal stakeholders to strategically address business needs across the company and utilize positive relationships to negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best possible results for the company. Responsibilities include training employees and ensuring compliance with stated policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compile and manage all required statistical data and supplier registries, purchasing records, and required documentation.
- Implement the purchasing process and model policies to ensure industry best practices are being followed and are aligned within our business.
- Partner with internal employees/stakeholders to develop a strong and deep understanding of the PSE business. Train PS&E employees on the procurement policy. Oversee compliance once policy is in force.
- Coordinate with internal teams/departments regarding their supply needs to identify the spend by department and identify opportunities for savings across the company.
- Review estimates and quotes for products and services, use negotiation skills and positive relationships with vendors to achieve best deal on behalf of company.
- Ensure pre-approval of purchases as dictated by company policy.
- Track the usage of trade/barter transactions.
- Analyze accounts payable to determine total and addressable spend and work with leadership to set goals relating to PSE’s supplier diversity program. Measure and track all purchasing activity throughout the company and evaluate company performance relating to minority and women owned business spending and goals.
- Develop strategies to minimize purchasing costs and utilize excellent communication and leadership skills to negotiate the best possible deals on behalf of the company.
- Seek out and develop relationships with potential suppliers and maintain positive relationships with all suppliers.
- Maintain records to demonstrate that the implemented policies and procedures are being followed.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and
- At least four years of procurement experience.
- Preferred experience in training and analytics.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports.
- Ability to write reports, training materials and correspondence with extremely high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organizations.
- Ability to communicate and sell ideas to peers and executives.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to all levels of employees and upper management.
- Must be very well organized and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to develop analyses and present reports.
- Ability to analyze trends and forecast future needs.
- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able, through creative, logical and technical means, to see projects through to completion.
- Must be solution oriented.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use telephone
- Use computer
- Speak, hear and write
- The employee must have strong Excel skills and proficient in other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with accounting software Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.