Playbook Sports, a subsidiary of NYC Sports LLC, enables sports entrepreneurs to grow and automate their businesses so they can expand the positive impact that they have in their communities.
We are hiring new candidates for our competitive Business Development program, to engage with sports organizations across the world in an effort to streamline their business operations and grow their revenues. We are both hiring for our May 2022 start date as well as for a mini program that will start in Jan 2022. We have over 150 partners across the United States, Canada, and Australia who have turned to Playbook Sports software to help enhance their websites, improve their sales funnels, and digitally retrofit their customer experience for the 21st century.
- Engage sports organizations and educate the industry on the benefits of using Playbook Sports software as a business tool to automate tasks and increase revenues.
- Prospect new business clients and approach potential customers through a targeted sales strategy via calls, emails, texts, social media, marketing sequences, and event-based selling.
- Schedule quality Software Demos with top-tier prospects through consistent and creative outreach.
- Assist our Account Executives in demo preparation, relationship building, pricing proposals, and closing new business revenue.
Our Vision and Culture
- Playbook is building the Shopify-equivalent for sports and experience businesses. We aim to be an All-In-One Software Solution for sports leagues, facilities, tournaments, and organizations of all kinds across the sports and experience industry.
- We’re constantly looking to innovate, and release a software update each month to consistently provide a better product for our partners and future clients.
- We have a work-hard, play-hard culture and everyone in the company has the ability to earn stock options over a 4-year vesting period. You will be part of a highly-talented team working towards clear goals, and we will celebrate our successes (and learn from our losses) as we scale up and grow into a nationally recognized sports brand.
- Our goal is to build Playbook as a premier company within sports and tech industries. We work tirelessly to train and develop our teammates at an accelerated rate, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Job Overview and Paths for Growth
Business Development Associate
- You will work and develop under our VP of Sales and a team of elite Account Executives in an accelerated program to master our consultative sales process.
- Candidates will work hard to achieve well-defined monthly KPI’s, and earn individual and team-based commissions based on efforts and results.
- There will be extensive training and clear Hustle Metrics to allow each teammate to measure how they are stacking up against expectations and goals.
- Successful candidates will be promoted to an Account Executive role, where they will be responsible for the full-process selling of Playbook Software.
- Account Executives will be responsible for hitting monthly quotas, and building a book of business. Each AE will help manage their BDA, and will reap the financial benefits of closing their own software deals.
- Account Executives will continue to schedule Software Demos, and will run these conversations via Zoom with their prospective clients. Under the guidance of their team lead, AE’s will educate their business prospects on the value of Playbook Software, and gather the necessary information to draft and send Pricing Proposals for review.
- Upon the successful completion of each Software sale, AE’s will work with our Customer Success team to ensure a seamless handoff for each client so they can begin using Playbook Software to build out their programs.
Additional Opportunities for Growth
- We are experiencing rapid growth, and as we scale up, we expect top performers to step up into leadership roles across our organization.
- As we uncover new opportunities, and develop additional verticals, each department will offer a chance for new leadership to team build and grow their area of the business.
- Externally, our managers are well connected in the sports, finance, and technology sectors. We have a great track record of producing successful “graduates”, and many top performers have earned impressive job opportunities across the sports industry. We celebrate the growth (internally and externally) of all of our teammates, and their success after Playbook enhances our reputation for producing exceptionally talented businessmen and women.