Position: Bilingual (English/Spanish) Adult Victim Advocate
Location: Noblesville, IN
Type: Full Time
Organization: Prevail, Inc.
Description: Prevail, inc. seeks to hire a bilingual advocate fluent in Spanish and English to reach and serve a growing and underserved population.
Responsible for outreach and providing services directly to both Spanish-speaking and English-speaking victims of crime, including domestic violence and sexual assault. Services include individual and group facilitation. Regular schedule will include some weekday evenings. On call shifts, as required, will include weekends and holidays.
· Provide intervention and restorative support services to victims of crime and abuse, including intake assessment, individual appointments, group facilitation, community referrals and resources, court advocacy, assistance in filing protective orders, completing safety and action plans, inter/intra-agency networking and advocacy on behalf of the victim, and 24-hour on-call crisis line response.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Work independently, empathically, calmly, and with good judgement in crisis situations.
Bi-lingual Advocate Duties:
· Provides written translation and oral interpretation for clients
· Translates agency documents and information into Spanish as needed
· Plans, orchestrates, and executes community outreach efforts targeting Spanish-speaking population with the surrounding communities.
· Attends community meetings
· Prefer a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field; or a combination of experience, education and/or training.
· Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma if candidate’s applicable experience includes trauma-informed and victim service (domestic violence and sexual assault) provisions.
· Fluency in Spanish and English required (written and oral)
· Multicultural Experience preferred
· Competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, and professional development.
· Salary commensurate with education and experience (starting salary – $16.98/hour).
· A pay differential shall be paid to employees in positions requiring bilingual proficiency
Hiring Process Timeline:
In-person first interviews: March15 – April 16, 2021 9:00am – 5:00pm-
In-person final interviews: April 19, 2021 9:00am – 1:00pm
Start date: May 5, 2021
· Remote screening process, final interviews in-person
· Social distancing guidelines observed
· Virtual staff meetings
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, cleaning procedures in place
· Personal protective equipment provided or required
Prevail strives to empower victims of crime and abuse on their path to healing,
while engaging the community to support safe, healthy relationships.
EMPOWERMENT: Strengths-Based Collaboration
Prevail values a strengths-based, collaborative approach where everyone has responsibility for their own decision and actions.
CONNECTION: Connection is Healing
Prevail values human connection that leads to healing.
SOCIAL JUSTICE: Eliminate Barriers
Prevail values equity in access, participation, and rights.
DIGNITY: People Centered
Prevail values the role and power of dignity.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Michelle Moen – email@example.com