PROJECT HORSESHOE FARM
Project Horseshoe Farm is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with sites in Greensboro and Marion, Alabama and Pomona, California. HSF offers service and support programs to improve the health and quality of life of adults and children in our partner communities.
COMMUNITY HEALTH FELLOWSHIP
Horseshoe Farm is pleased to offer educational grant supported gap year (13 month) Fellowships for top graduating college students (or recent college graduates) interested in learning about community health leadership, participating in innovative approaches to improving local health and education systems, and contributing to broader strengths in local communities. Accepted Fellows receive free housing, an educational grant of $700/month, and valuable experience through:
- Participation in Horseshoe Farm’s innovative approaches to improving health, education, and community health systems
- Work supporting health providers, teachers, and other community leaders
- Direct work with seniors, adults living with mental illness, and children
- Close work and collaboration with a team of other talented Fellows
- First hand exposure to health systems, to health policy, and to community health in action
- Direct experience impacting social determinants of health and learning about the biopsychosocial model
- Experience with operations in a community based non-profit organization
- Community Engagement work in support of other civic, business, non-profit, and governmental organizations throughout the community and other opportunities to get to know their local community
- Ongoing mentorship and teaching and weekly readings and discussions (syllabus overview can be found here)
Fellows consistently go on to some of the top medical, nursing, public health, health management, and education programs in the nation and several have received the most prestigious scholarships and awards at their respective institutions.
The Fellowship has locations in Alabama and California. You may submit applications for any or all of the 3 locations through the following link (Note: You must have a Google Account to complete the application via the link.)
Next Application Deadline for 2021-22 Fellowship: Spring 2021 (February 21st).
**To submit a fellowship application, visit https://www.projecthsf.org/gap-year-fellowship
Please direct any questions about the application process to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Deadline: Sunday, November 15th, 2020 @ 11:59PM CDT
Second Deadline: Sunday, February 21st, 2021 @ 11:59PM CDT
Phone: (205) 710-6372