Position Front Desk Agent
Reporting Relationship Front Desk Supervisor
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
The Front Desk Agent works to efficiently check guests in and out of the hotel in a professional and friendly manner.
• Greet and communicate cordially with guests, promptly and professionally checking them in and out of the hotel. Assist in pre-registration and blocking of reservations when necessary.
• Promptly, accurately and efficiently know how and where to post all charges.
• Have complete working knowledge of Front Office computer or manual system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
• Accurately manage cash handling, including receiving cash, checks and credit card information from guests for payment of hotel charges and making change correctly.
• Review any reservations with special requests and work to block rooms accordingly.
• Have knowledge of hotel rates, discounts and how to handle each.
• Have working knowledge of reservations and procedures, including how to take same day reservations. Should be able to take reservations in approximately 2 minutes. Know and follow cancellation procedures and relocation procedures when necessary.
• Have knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff and hotel services, with hours of operation. Give clear directions to hotel facilities for inquiring guests.
• Efficiently operate PBX and accurately connect incoming calls in a professional and efficient manner. All calls should be answered in 3 rings.
• Perform other duties as assigned, especially related to assisting guests arriving and departing the hotel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
• High work ethic and self-initiative
• Proven experience with strong customer service skills
• Regular attendance according to established guidelines
• May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property
• Focus and maintain attention to tasks, and complete work assignments on time despite frequent interruptions
• Use arithmetic to accurately check totals and make correct change.
• Efficiently and accurately operate a computer.
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff and maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times
• Stand, sit and walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods of time
• Lift approximately fifty (50) pounds of guest luggage or supplies on and off a cart, using safe lifting techniques
• Push and pull carts weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with guests and associates, including the abilities to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service required.
• Grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, pulling, pushing, listening and hearing ability and visual ability
• Know and be able to administer first aid
• Direct evacuations in an emergency
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions that are required of an employee in this position. Therefore, other duties may be asked of an employee in this position from time to time.
Courtyard Bloomington – Front Desk
Position Front Desk Agent