Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Direct Care Worker in our Life Skills Program in Somerville!
The Life Skills Program is a highly structured and group-based supportive therapeutic program for adolescents, ages 12-18 years, that are presenting with major mental illness and who are experiencing disruptions in their home, school, or community.
In this important role, the Direct Care worker will work as part of an amazing team to provide direct supports, social skill groups, tutorial services, guidance, education, advocacy and supervision for clients. In addition, the Direct Care worker supports the human rights of individuals through the development of self-worth, empowering individuals to become the primary decision makers in their lives. They offer a listening and counseling presence for individuals with questions and concerns.
Schedule: Monday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (30 hours per week)
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent clinical supervision, competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Ability to communicate in and comprehend the English language, including clearly documenting individual progress and activities in program records
- Basic computer fluency, including Microsoft Office, required
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to function independently
- Must have valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience working with individuals with major mental health needs preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.