Do you have a passion for monitoring and evaluation of programs that could influence public health or solve complex problems? Have you ever wanted to help solve problems facing our country and countries around the world? If so, we have the opportunity for you! Come join our team to deliver the promise of science for the global good.
RTI is seeking a Public Health Analyst for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) to provide support for CDC’s DGHP M&E team. This position is based in Atlanta and may be onsite within the CDC Center for Global Health/Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP).
We are seeking a team member for this exciting, fast paced environment. Our team will support the M&E work within DGHP; this work will contribute to CDC decision-making to improve program implementation and delivery based on solid monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on factors concerning global disease outbreaks as they relate to the GHS CORE-4 priority areas: surveillance systems, laboratory systems, public health workforce, and emergency response.
• Develop program monitoring and evaluation tools, templates for use by DGHP programs and CDC country offices related to GHS activities.
• Recommend, devise, and execute data collection methods and strategies for GHS related DGHP monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Support report and brief development, including data visualization, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and responses to ad hoc information requests from CDC leadership and other stakeholders.
• Provide technical assistance to DGHP branches and CDC Country Offices on monitoring and evaluation efforts.
• Assist with program evaluation survey development, implementation, and analyses.
• Provide program monitoring evaluation data management for DGHP GHS related data.
• Prepare and provide monthly status reports, culminating in a final report Provide support for DGHP with planning, designing, implementing, process improvement and enhancements related to the implementation of CDC’s global health programs.
• Master’s degree in public health or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience with M&E or program evaluation, with a preference for global health experience working on/with CDC or other USG global health projects.
• Experience in designing evaluations and performance metrics including but not limited to: writing evaluation plans, development of logic models, conducting stakeholder analysis.
• Experience using statistical software packages e.g., SAS, SPSS, Minitab, Atlas, MAXQDA, Excel, Access.
• Experience providing high quality, detail-oriented products including analytic briefs, presentations, and reports with data visualizations
• Experience in data collection (e.g. interviews, participant observation, surveys, electronic data files, or other methods)
• Experience in data management, (e.g. construction of data files, data entry and supervision of data entry, data quality control and assurance)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US and not now or in the future require sponsorship.
Preferred skills and experience, but not necessary or required:
• Experience with CDC and security clearance with CDC preferred.
• Experience working with global health programs, this may include familiarity with Global Health Security, Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETP), or other CDC global health programs.
• Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts; government security clearance preferred.
• Publication and oral presentation record
• Experience developing action plans and systems to facilitate and track implementation of evaluation findings and recommendations.
• Experience working with team and stakeholders to present analyses, find common themes, and identify relevant and actionable findings from evaluations.
• Experience synthesizing information generated through an evaluation to produce findings that are clearly linked to the data collected.