RTI International (RTI) is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 5,000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
The Global Public Health Science and Practice program in the Global Public Health Impact Center (GPHIC) of RTI is currently seeking an early career Public Health Analyst. This position will be based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
The Global Public Health Science and Practice program applies sound epidemiologic and evaluation methods, data collection and management, analytic tools and expertise, and operations and implementation sciences to public health research studies. The program consists of a multidisciplinary group of staff with strong technical capabilities that allow us to lead and provide technical support to several public health research domains including infectious disease epidemiology and surveillance, clinical trials and field studies, women’s health, global health, neonatal health and nutrition, tissue and blood safety, and cancer etiology.
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume or attach as a separate document to your application.
• Work collaboratively to provide comprehensive technical and administrative support to health research project teams
• Gather background data and information to support proposal and project efforts
• Coordinate and schedule conference calls; write and distribute meeting minutes
• Assemble and distribute various materials, including study supplies and data collection forms, to field or clinical sites
• Contribute to and/or prepare portions of technical memoranda, reports, and presentations
• Prepare training materials; participate in and/or lead trainings
• Perform literature reviews and library searches
• Manage correspondence and project communications
• Track and monitor subcontractor invoices
• Liaise with internal departments such as procurement, finance, accounts payable, and information technology services
• Support data management efforts; enter data into electronic systems
• Collect and review data obtained through observations, interviews, medical record abstraction, or other sources according to established guidelines; edit data as required
• Perform quality assurance and quality checks on data to ensure accuracy
• Provide technical support for complex biospecimen tracking system
• Master degree in Public Health or related field and 1 year of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience.
• International exposure (i.e. study abroad, international travel, etc.)
• French or Spanish skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work successfully on multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficient typing and keyboard skills
• Highly organized
• Strong attention to detail
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Unites States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
• Ability to actively participate on study teams and to assist project managers and directors on a variety of study types
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and outside clients
• Ability to complete tasks and deliverables within tight timeframes and during periods with competing priorities
• Ability to comprehend and follow specific instructions and guidelines, taking initiative when appropriate
• Possess an understanding of principles of data collection, data management, data quality approaches, and data analysis and interpretation
• Possess hands-on data management skills, including intermediate or higher-level skills with programs such as Excel and Visio, and experience with database systems or statistical software packages, such as BSI, SQL, SAS
• Experience working in an international setting(s) (e.g., Peace Corps, or other similar experience)
• Working proficiency with French or Spanish is preferred; fluency is a plus
• Motivated to advance