Solution Tree, a growing K–12 educational publishing and services company, seeks an event manager who will be responsible for the detailed preparation and organization of assigned conferences. They work closely with other departments within the company as well as many outside vendors to provide top quality conferences for educators. Candidates should have knowledge of room setups, audiovisual, catering & hotel contracts. Candidates should have experience delivering virtual events to customers/stakeholders. Solution Tree is currently primarily producing virtual events but will be adding in-person events in the future.
Summary of essential job functions
- End-to-end event planning from coordination, logistics, and execution.
- Detailed logistical planning and strong organizational skills
- Communication with conference venues, various service providers, presenters, and attendees
- Contract negotiations
- Long term management of several projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to details
- Thorough understanding of event budgets using excel
- Ability to manage a team of on-site staff
- Lead multiday virtual event with speaker preparation, session recording, and event moderation activities
- Deliver a stellar customer experience
- Deliver new ideas and creative approaches to constantly improve the customer experience
- Produce events across time zones and geographies
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback and recommendations for future event improvements
- Strong Communication Skills
- Customer focus
Although we are working remotely at the moment, we are excited to return to the office. Applicants should live or plan on relocating to a location commutable to our office in Bloomington, IN. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job requires the ability to lift 30 lbs and potentially be on feet for multiple hours.
Travel: 25-35% of the time when in person events return
Level of Education: BA
Years of Experience: (1-2 years preferred)