Job Overview: Supervised on-the-job training program, which involves a student rotating through a variety of jobs in front office department to learn all aspects of operating and managing a hospitality operation. In some cases, the internship may involve a student focusing his/her time on one particular area. Participants will be expected to learn and master the job duties of the position within their assigned department such as; Front Desk Operations, Concierge, Bell Services, Reservations, and PBX through rotation and cross-training. The position starts the middle of May 2020 and the intern must commit to 14-16 weeks. Applicants must be available to work all weekends and holidays, including Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in accordance with established guidelines.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform duties and projects as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guests’ requests, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidate should be currently pursuing a college degree. It is preferred that the candidate us actively pursuing a degree in Hospitality, Business or Recreation. Candidates who have an undecided major may also be considered. Prior Hospitality or Resort Operation experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50lbs
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or Holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Sonesta Resort is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered