JOB TITLE: Client Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Team Manager or Operations Support Supervisor
DIVISION: Horton Benefit Solutions
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – Summary
According to instruction and established procedures, the Client Service Representative is responsible for providing superior and accurate data processing assistance in direct support of sales and service teams, as well as servicing as a training platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Implement new/existing policy data into client database, Applied EPIC, including renewals, rewrites and plan changes to ensure the ability to track client information during the life cycle of the client. Assistance will be obtained from a resource partner, as needed.
· Process additions, terminations or changes of employees for their benefit plan(s). This includes communications and follow-up with carriers (via carrier web portals, email or phone), finalizing request with client and all components documented in the Applied Epic system. Must maintain a high regard for timely responses and an understanding of the confidentiality of information. Assistance will be obtained from a resource partner, as needed.
· Assist in the preparation of meeting materials. Print and prepare the meeting materials into binders or folders for sales and/or service staff to provide to the client during various types of meetings throughout the year.
· Take and relay messages from clients, carriers, and other industry sources to internal staff. May field inquiries for staff with carriers which will need to be documented in the Applied Epic system for tracking purposes, as appropriate in accordance will the team structure,.
· Attend and participate in peer group and/or carrier meetings, as applicable.
· Follow HBS procedures, within Applied Epic.
· Perform other duties as requested, including special projects of an administrative nature.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· Life and Health License must be obtained within 120 days of the first day of New Hire Onboarding
· 0-2 years of relevant experience
· Applicable industry designations preferred
· Excellent administrative skills, especially in MS Outlook. Must have a high level of organization, timeliness and attention to detail.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. All employees are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the corporate values of Driven, Excellent and Together.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment requiring tolerance for schedule change and disruption with potential for travel.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
· Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
· Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
· Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
· Communicate and speak in a clear, concise and professional manner both in person and on the telephone.
· Travel by ground transportation as required in performing job duties.
· Be able to lift and carry objects that weigh a minimum of 40 pounds
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
This job description supersedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.