Full-Time, Part-Time, and PRN positions are available. Great experience for those looking to work in the behavioral healthcare or social work fields! Evening, overnight, and weekend hours are available.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Provides independent living skills training, direct care support, and opportunities for community integration. Services are provided in the client’s residence, the Group Home, or out in the community. Duties include the provision of intensive community support and skills training to ensure clients’ skill enhancement in two major areas, independent living and social skills.
Duties are performed in conformance with the treatment plan and within the community at large.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend and participate in staff meetings that involve case conferences with the community support team and other residential staff. Attend all required meetings, staffing, seminars, and in-services.
- Provide daily written observation of the client’s progress in the areas described above.
- Documents and monitors clients’ use of medications.
- Complete all required records, reports, and documentation.
- Must be able to react to change and stress productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
- Provide independent living skills, personal hygiene, housekeeping and laundry skill training, and, if the client is unable to perform any of these tasks, the staff member will be responsible for performing the task.
- Must be able to work as a contributing team member, while interacting with clients and co-workers with respect.
- Work with clients to develop social skills which include interaction with others (e.g. roommates, coworkers, neighbors, and authority figures), appropriate use of leisure time and appropriate behavior skills. May also assess and intervene in crisis situations by following the flow chart for crisis response.
- Must be able to follow and conform to the treatment plan and work successfully with the assigned client(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, after an orientation period, the employee must possess the following: a working knowledge of Nord Center Policy and Procedures, including sensitivity and adherence to clients’ rights, confidentiality, and health and safety issues; effective communication skills in order to interact efficiently with clients and write progress notes and records that are easily understood; working knowledge of client care and the mental health field; the ability to teach and model all aspects of daily living; the ability to perform routine household tasks in the event the client cannot perform those tasks; the ability to respond in crisis situations and utilize the Center’s stated crisis plan; working knowledge of community support systems.
The employee will spend all time in client group homes. The individual will have frequent client contact and must have strong speaking and language skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills. The employee may be required to sit for extended periods. Must be able to bend, stoop, walk frequently; and lift and push minimal loads at various times.
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Must have effective communication skills and the ability to train others in daily living skills, as well as perform those skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates are encouraged to apply. Must exhibit a sensitivity toward the needs of behavioral health clients. Knowledge of and experience in the mental health field is strongly preferred. Favorable references and/or evaluations are required.
PRN Residential Aides are required to work at least one shift per month.