The Town of Palm Beach Recreation Department would like to announce internship opportunities geared toward applicants interested in entering the field of recreation and related fields. Selected interns will gain firsthand experience in a comprehensive recreation program located on prestigious Palm Beach island. Responsibilities may include operations management, program development, administrative duties, and special projects as assigned for both the Department and the Town. The internship program fosters the development of emerging professionals by immersing them in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
APPLICATION CLOSES: April 30, 2021
INTERNSHIP START DATE: June 1, 2021
Positions available with the following areas of focus:
• Recreation internship of 10 months (focus on admin, events, camps, programs, and building operations)
• Golf internship of 10 months (pro-shop, events/tournaments, and facilities mgmt./ops/maint)
• Be at least 18 years of age
• First Aid/CPR Certifications (Required within first month of employment)
• Submit to a VECHS level II background check, and credit check
• Desire to work in a recreation department and/or related field
• Possess effective interpersonal skills and a strong desire to learn
• Willingness to work variable and extended hours
• Legally allowed to work in the United States
• Currently working in recreation and/or related fields, and actively pursuing a career within the field
• Entering the final year of completing an undergraduate degree or currently pursuing a graduate degree
Stipend/Benefits: Each intern will be paid $11.50 hourly. Each intern will have opportunities to pursue professional networking, comprehensive and experiential learning, and an increased understanding of how a Town/City recreation program operates.
Application Process: For the initial application you will need to submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional or academic references to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Internship Application. Please be sure to include in your cover letter the internship area(s) that you are interested in, recreation and/or golf.
The internships are temporary, non-exempt, no benefits, non-renewable, 35+ hours per week appointments from June 1, 2021 to April 1, 2022. While selected interns will be working within the Recreation Department of the Town of Palm Beach, final hiring, additional paperwork, and wages are handled by a third party contractor of the Town. Please note qualified candidates may be interviewed prior to application close date.