About the Position: This announcement covers a variety of Student Trainee Natural Resource Specialist (Park Ranger) position under the Direct Hire Authority for Post-Secondary Students.
Applicants must reapply every 90 days to remain eligible for consideration.
- May be non-competitively converted to a career/career-conditional appointment within 120 days of successful completion of academic program
- Post-secondary student positions are provided opportunity for development and training. Assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training.
- Assignments at this level are designed to orient, train, and increase the incumbent’s knowledge in the engineering sciences, to problems concerned with testing a wide variety of systems and equipment.
- Performs a variety of assignments selected to broaden skills and provide practical experience to prepare for progressively more complex assignments.
- Full performance duties typically involve creating, exploring, evaluating, designing, and sharing solutions and the validity of their predicted performance to resolve problems, conditions, and issues.
- Students will be expected to assist with planning activities related to one or more of the following: recreation, shoreline stabilization, pest control, soil conservation, boundary surveillance, property protection, and public education.
Occasional travel – Some positions filled from this announcement may require occasional work travel. This requirement will be identified as job offers are made to selected candidates.