POSITION: Seasonal Event Management Intern at The Lodge at KLM Park
DATE: March 11, 2021
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation Department
REPORTS TO: KLM Lodge Manager
PAY GRADE: Seasonal, $11/hr
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under general direction, serves as an onsite facility supervisor, event manager, support staff, and customer service representative during scheduled events and open hours.
Supervision Exercised: None
Job Duties – Essential Functions
• Performs Lodge opening and closing duties.
• Gathers feedback from customers on event operations.
• Responds to inquiries from potential customers. Provides Lodge tours as required. Answers questions regarding availability and operations.
• Conducts facility inspections to assure cleanliness, maintenance and safety. Reports all maintenance issues to supervisor and Public Services Department.
• Assists with clerical duties for Lodge operations.
• Operates all tools and equipment needed to perform job duties while adhering to all safety rules and practices. Reports all accidents and injuries according to established Village
• Sets up tables and chairs according to customer specifications. Monitors event activities. Assists customers with tasks during events.
• Other duties as assigned.
The work environment generally includes an office setting. The noise level is usually quiet.
Regularly required to sit, stand and walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. May lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Equipment used includes, but is not limited to, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, sound system, and calculator.2
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Frequent contact with customers, vendors and other Village employees; must be able to communicate verbally and demonstrate good customer relations.
• Knowledge of principles and practices regarding customer service including customer needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner.
• Must be able to modify established processes and procedures due to changes in federal, state and local law, Village policy and Department rules/procedures.
• Ability to learn, understand and adhere to all applicable safety precautions and procedures.
• Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures, terminology and equipment.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and files.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Education equivalent to a high school diploma required. Some previous customer service experience or Event Management/Hospitality course work is preferred.
• Flexibility in scheduling. Workweek will vary including weekdays, nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Position may work up to 37.5 hours per week.
• At least 21 years of age preferred.
• Becomes familiar with and observe all applicable safety and security policies/procedures
• Immediately reports all unsafe conditions and acts to supervisor
• Reports all accidents to supervisor immediately
• Recommends improvements to safety and security practices
• Obeys and adheres to all safety rules and work practices
The selection process includes an application process, interview process, drug screening and background check. The position is open until filled. The position is expected to be filled as soon
as the interview process and background checks are completed.
Interested candidates should submit an application, resume and a cover letter to the Village of Hinsdale, Village Manager’s Office, Attn: Human Resources, 19 E. Chicago Hinsdale, IL 60521,
e-mail: email@example.com. Visit www.villageofhinsdale.org/jobs for a job application. The Village is an EOE employer