Location: Whitestown, IN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reports to: Parks Director
This position is responsible for all aspects of Town events. The Events Coordinator will work directly under the Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for the planning, organizing, implementation and management of special events, community events, cultural events and community outreach under the guidance of the Operations Manager and Parks and Recreation Director. The Event Coordinator will also focus on creating community relationships with residents, businesses, and all members of the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions or duties listed below are illustrations of the type of work that is performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
• Create, plan, and manage events for the Town of Whitestown.
• Leads pre-event planning meeting with Parks staff to define event goals and timelines.
• Plans, implements, and manages over 75 special events, reoccurring events, programs, and community outreach programs yearly.
• Creates and implements new event and program concepts each year.
• Responsible for creating community relationships.
• Responsible for obtaining event funding via event revenue, donations, and sponsorships.
• Serve as a resource for other organizations that the Town has partnered with as it relates to events.
• Responsible for creating and maintain budgets for all events.
• Serves as a liaison between Town departments, business owners, and vendors in the coordination of special events and programs.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
• High School Diploma
• 4-year degree in Recreation or related field preferred
• Certified Parks and Recreation Professional preferred
• Experience in the Parks and Recreation field preferred
• Understand the importance of community relationships with ability to apply.
• Understand the importance of community involvement with ability to apply.
• Ability to work on several tasks at the same time and complete assignments effectively amidst frequent distractions and interruptions.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and must remain insurable through the Town of Whitestown’s Insurance carrier.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The incumbent must be able to:
• Stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and move 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb, balance, crouch, crawl, kneel, etc.
• Work duties may be performed in an office setting, outside, in inclement weather, etc.
• Work duties may be performed on nights and weekends.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Savannah Solgere, at firstname.lastname@example.org.