Lead our Food and Beverage team at Mount Rushmore National Memorial! Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences? Located in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota, the destination draws more than 3 million tourists per year. Mount Rushmore Memorial operates a variety dining outlets serving convenient grab-and-go meals, coffee and desserts.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
The Food & Beverage Manager position is a fully benefited, year-round, full-time position.
-Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k
-Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
-50% Discount on Xanterra Lodging
-40% Discount in the Gift Shop
-20% Discount in the Restaurant
-15% Verizon Service/Products Discount
-Black Hills VIP Training Pass Discounts for local attractions
-Employee Meal Plan & Employee Housing Available
-$350 Referral Bonus
The Food and Beverage Manager directs and organizes the activities of the Food & Beverage department to maintain high standards of quality, service, and marketing to maximize profits. Mt Rushmore’s Food Operations consist of up to seven food outlets, banquet operations, vending and an employee dining room.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees the administration, planning and delivery of product and service for the Food & Beverage department.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted departmental revenues and profitability. Responsible for the creation of yearly budgets and business plans for all F&B venues.
- Day-to-day job duties include, but not limited to: Effective control of food, beverage and labor costs.
- Produce high standards of food and beverage quality, service, and marketing to maximize profits and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff.
- Create menus designed to drive a high visitor capture rate and in compliance with National Park Service contractual requirements.
- Actively pursuing opportunities to increase visitor capture rate and average check.
- Develop and maintain operating systems necessary to accurately forecast purchase and portion specifications, food production control etc.
- Prepares and approves purchase orders.
- Receives and supervises stocking of food and beverage supplies.
- Inspects and maintains organized food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Be a visible and hands-on representative during service periods throughout all F&B outlets.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Negotiates and prepares banquet proposals, contracts, menus and function sheets with detailed operations information.
- Oversees the ISO 9001 and 14001 quality management systems and ensures 100% compliance relative to all F&B operations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Understanding of, and experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems and back-office administrator programs.
- Maintain high standards of morale and personal appearance of all staff.
- Dedicated to understanding all food and beverage departmental positions in order to assist staff as needed.
- Must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment where project priorities, task deadlines, and assignments can change quickly and with little notice.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision while working within the guidelines set by their supervisors.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Proficient in working with various computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, management or comparable with five or more years of experience managing a food and beverage department of similar size across fast casual, banquet, and quick service facilities.
- Alternatively, a minimum of ten years leadership work experience managing a food and beverage department of similar size across fast casual, banquet and quick service facilities can substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
- Required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Frequently is required to walk.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.