Department: Prevention Services
Location: Irving Park
Address: 6417 W. Irving Park Road Chicago, IL 60634
Schedule: M-F 9 am to 5pm with flexibility based on school needs. Some weekends. 40 hours per week
The Prevention Specialist provides youth with support, resources, and resistance skills for both substance use prevention and pregnancy prevention. The Prevention Specialist should be comfortable with creating curricula, managing youth and young adults in a classroom setting as well as small groups and workshops. Strong interpersonal skills are required. Other duties as assigned.
Local travel is required for the position to YOS’ offices for team meeting and partnering schools located in the City of Chicago and bordering suburbs.
Apply online at https://www.yos.org/careers/careers-yos/prevention-specialist-0 to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 1-2 years experience working with youth in a community or school setting
- Training in curriculum development and substance abuse.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of youth development is essential
- Experience working with youth and families preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ownership of or ready access to an insured vehicle, as well as a clear driving record