Department: Juvenile Justice
Address: 1942 S. Halsted Chicago, IL 60608
Schedule: Mon – Thurs, 12pm-8pm; Friday 9am-5pm
2 positions open. 1 bilingual in Spanish and English required.
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Outreach Counselor will provide street outreach and counseling to adolescents by providing a safe place for them to receive assistance and advocacy.
- Provide street outreach to engage high risk youth in services. Meet with parents and guardians to assist engagement
- Provide counseling, employment, educational and life skills training. Coordinate with other YOS services to engage youth and families in appropriate services
- Provide transportation to youth as necessary
- Maintain contact or establish relationships with referral sources beneficial to the client and/or agency. Make referrals to appropriate programs and/or services both internally and externally and formulate necessary follow-up in a timely manner. Refer youth to services as needed
- Work with youth and other collaterals to develop service plans that assist youth in addressing challenges
- Document all interactions in designated electronic record
- Participate in team/individual supervision and meetings as necessary
- Collaborate with co-workers and participate in internal agency programs to provide the most comprehensive client services
Apply online at https://www.yos.org/careers/careers-yos/street-outreach-counselor-2 to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or a related field preferred
- Experience working with at-risk youth and families
- Experience with street outreach programs
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking is required