School of Public Health-Bloomington
Student Ambassadors are undergraduate and graduate students who volunteer in a variety of roles including:
- Peer mentors maintain weekly office hours to provide resume reviews, conduct mock interviews, and serve as a resource for questions pertaining to career services and academic advising.
- Event hosts for career fairs, networking events, alumni events, career development workshops.
- Participate in Red Carpet Day and other recruitment events by providing a student perspective on the majors and career opportunities available through the School of Public Health for visiting families and prospective students.
We look for students from a variety of different backgrounds. As an ambassador, you should be willing to support students who would like to learn more about our school and programs. In addition, you are outgoing, responsible, and a role model to others.
Benefits of being an Ambassador
- Share your passion for the School of Public Health Bloomington.
- Build communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Gain experience for your resume.
- Connect and network with other students, staff, faculty, alumni, and employers.
- Be part of the team with your own personalized name tag, ambassador shirt, and listing on our website.
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in the School of Public Health-Bloomington.
- Maintain a competitive GPA.
- Must be able to commit time to volunteer for events, periodic training, and social events.
- Must be flexible, passionate, and outgoing.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude when working with families and prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, alumni, and employers.
- Hold weekly office hours for two hours each week to provide peer mentoring services.
- Required to volunteer for at least two events per semester to maintain active status as an ambassador.
Email email@example.com to indicate your interest in participating in the program and attach a copy of your resume.
Submit questions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.