SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Student Ambassadors are a highly selective group of volunteer undergraduate and graduate students chosen to represent the School of Public Health in a variety of roles including:
Additional details about the roles will be discussed during interviews. Participation in more than one role is encouraged. Training specific to each role will be provided.
We seek outstanding students from a variety of backgrounds. As an ambassador, you should be willing to support students who would like to learn more about our school and programs. We look for students who are outgoing, responsible, and are a good role model for others. The ideal candidate will lead by example and embrace the School of Public Health’s values which include academic integrity, diversity and civility, community engagement, the responsible stewardship of resources, and strive to improve lives through the promotion of health and quality of life.
BENEFITS OF BEING AN AMBASSADOR
- Share your passion for the School of Public Health Bloomington.
- Build communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Gain experience, develop professional skills and build your resume.
- Connect and network with other students, staff, faculty, alumni, and employers.
- Be part of the team with your own personalized name tag, ambassador shirt, and listing on our website.
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in the School of Public Health-Bloomington.
- Maintain a competitive GPA.
- Must be able to commit time to volunteer for events, periodic training, and social events.
- Must be flexible, passionate, and outgoing.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude when working with families and prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, alumni, and employers.
- Check communication modes (i.e. IU email, GroupMe App, Canvas Announcements) regularly and respond in a timely manner.
- Commit to two hours each week to provide peer mentoring services.
- Commit to participate in periodic training sessions and weekly check-ins with the Career Services Staff.
- Volunteer for at least three events per semester to maintain active status as an ambassador.
APPLY TO BE A STUDENT AMBASSADOR
The School of Public Health-Bloomington Student Ambassador application for 2022-2023 is now open!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!