The School of Public Health offers free career services support to School of Public Health alumni. The Office of Career Services offers individual alumni career coaching in-person, over the phone, or virtually to discuss any career-related topic of interest to you. Additionally, our alumni are welcome to attend career fairs, utilize online resources, and register for an account in Handshake (our IU job board).
STEPS TO ACCESS APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING AND HANDSHAKE
Though this is a multi-step process, it is important to follow each step. As a School of Public Health alumnus, registering a Handshake account connected to Indiana University-Bloomington allows access to a wide variety of services, including career coaching appointments. It may take up to one week to gain Handshake access. We appreciate your patience and will check-in throughout the process to assure career needs are being met in the interim and that access to Handshake occurs.
- Step 1: Attempt to login to Handshake using your IU authentication username and passphrase. If login is a success, you already have a Handshake account with access to the system.
- Step 2: Complete this Alumni Access form to transition your account to alumni status.
- Step 3: If login is unsuccessful, follow the steps below to create a Handshake account.
- Step 1: Complete this Alumni Access form to initiate your account for alumni access to the Handshake platform.
- Step 2: To access career services coaching in the interim of accessing Handshake, email email@example.com
MENTOR AND GIVE BACK
Sharing information with current students about your career success can inspire the next generation of School of Public Health graduates. If you are interested in sharing about your career success, there are a number of ways to get involved including:
- Participate in networking panels and events
- Contribute to the career services website either through a spotlight or advice article
- Host a student site visit to your place of employment
For more information or to discuss other involvement ideas, please contact us.