PARTNERS IN YOUR CAREER SUCESS
Our trusted and supportive career coaches and peer mentors are ready to work with you as early as your first year. Whether working toward specific career goals or still mapping your way, we’re available to listen, support, empower and motivate. Take time to discover who you are, reflect on your greatest gifts, and what makes you come alive. Discover how your major from School of Public Health can improve the health and lives of people in Indiana and beyond.
A you-focused approach
We use individualized career coaching and group seminars to empower you to meet your career goals. Serving declared and exploratory undergraduate students, along with graduate, PhD, and alumni, our career coaches embrace an inclusive, supportive, and motivational approach to coaching.
- Career Exploration
- Career Fair Preparation
- Cover Letters and Professional Correspondence
- Graduate School Application Process
- Internship Planning
- Interview Preparation
- Job Offer Negotiation
- Job Search Strategies
- Resume Writing and Portfolio Development
Schedule a career coaching appointment
Schedule an in-person or virtual appointment using Handshake using these steps.
- Go to Handshake.
- Select Student log in with your CAS credentials.
- Select Career Center in the top right corner.
- Click on Appointments under What can we help you find?
- Click on the the Schedule A New Appointment button.
- Choose School of Public Health Career Services.
- From the list of options, select the most appropriate Appointment Type.
- Use the buttons to filter Staff Member, Appointment Medium, or Date Range and select an available appointment.
- Complete the Appointment Request Details and click on the green Request button located in the bottom right corner.
- You will receive an appointment approval e-mail outlining additional details.
CAREER LAB DROP-IN
Located in the Student Services Suite, SPH Career Services offers dedicated space and coaching support to make strides in your career planning, consider jobs or internships, enhance your resume and cover letter, prepare graduate school materials, or get established on LinkedIn.
Available most Tuesday & Wednesdays from 10 am – 1pm
Stop by anytime during Career Lab Drop-in. There is no need for an appointment. Whether you stay 15 minutes or 2 hours, it is time well spent focusing on you. A friendly and supportive SPH career coach will be available to answer questions, critique progress, or lend an open ear.
Time & space for you
With space to spread out and a quiet place to think, Career Lab provides the time and space for getting inspired, getting help—and getting stuff done. Dedicated professional development time will help you get where you’re going, and you’re going places!
MEET WITH OTHER SPH STUDENT-FACING STAFF AND FACULTY
Our SPH Academic Advisors empower you to own and craft a rich academic and collegiate Experience. Receive professional and knowledgeable advising to support your pursuit of academic success and timely completion of your degree.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our SPH Diversity and Inclusion colleagues craft programming that address identity development, student-faculty engagement, and social justice issues relating to public Health. They promote an inclusive environment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, ability status, nationality, veteran status, socioeconomic status, gender, sexuality, and/or identity.
Our Internship Coordinators work directly with you to ensure your internship is a valuable and enriching experience. Meet with them to discuss your internship goal, approve your internship placement, and gain access to the corresponding academic course material. Career Services can support you in the search process, application process, or interview experience.