SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH CAREER SERVICES
Our trusted and supportive career coaches and peer mentors are ready to work with you as early as your first year. Whether working toward specific career goals or still mapping your way, we’re available to listen, support, empower and motivate. Take time to discover who you are, reflect on your greatest gifts, and what makes you come alive. Discover how your major from School of Public Health can improve the health and lives of people in Indiana and beyond.
SCHEDULE A CAREER COACHING APPOINTMENT
Serving declared and exploratory undergraduate students, along with graduate, PhD, and alumni, our career coaches embrace an inclusive, supportive, and motivational approach to coaching. Schedule an appointment using Career Link using these steps.
1. Go to SPH Career Link.
2. Select Student/Alumni and log in with your CAS credentials.
3. If this is your first appointment ever, fill out your personal and academic profile information.
4. Once you’re logged in, click “Request a Career Coaching Appointment” located in the right sidebar. Selecting Calendar and Counseling Appointment from the left navigation also works.
5. When you reach the appointment scheduler, you must fill out all fields, which includes Type, Date Range, Time Range, Counselor(s), and Days of the Week.
6. Click the “Check Availability” and choose a date and time that works for you. If none work, adjust date or time and try again.
7. A dialogue box will open. Be sure to write a brief statement describing what you’d like to discuss because this helps your coach prepare for your appointment. Once you’ve done this, select the Submit Request button at the bottom of the page. If you want this to be a phone or Zoom appointment, request that here.
8. You will receive an appointment approval or rejection e-mail from your career coach with additional details about your appointment time and location.
MEET WITH A PEER MENTOR
Sometimes you just want to talk to somebody who can relate to your current narrative. Our Peer Mentors are School of Public Health undergraduate and graduate students representing our various majors. They maintain weekly office hours and offer a drop-in option. They provide resume reviews, conduct mock interviews, and serve as a resource for questions pertaining to career services and academic advising. Find their bios and schedule here.
VISIT THE CAREER LAB
Join us in the Career Lab space in the Student Services Suite located on the lower level of the PH Building every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Career Lab is a place where you can work on your career. Career Coaches and Peer Mentors will be available to bounce ideas off of and offer advice. Consider us your partner in your journey to becoming the professional you are destined to be! Be IU Ready. Start EARLY, engage OFTEN! Come to Career Lab!